Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentines Galore

More Valentines and scallops. Here is a little bit different take on the designing with scallops thing.

I took a piece of 4.25 x 5.5 card stock, which is also known as A2 size or quarter sheet, and dry embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder. Pleas note that if you try this with a regular sized Cuttlebug embossing folder it will be smaller than the size of an A2 card base. Grrrrr.... why did they make them that size? It would have taken no effort whatsoever to make them A2 size. The result of that mistake is that I search high and low for the Sizzix as I love the size of the finished product. OK, rant over.

I attached the embossed paper to my card front.

Now layer those scallops. Depending on the papers used and the desired finished look, you can sponge the edges or not.



I printed the Happy Valentines Day on a coordinating sheet from the K and Company Floral Dreams stack. The 12 x 12 sheet of paper was cut down to 8.5 x 11 and run through my printer.


For some of the greetings the phrase was attached to cream paper, cut with a scallop edge decorative scissors and sponged.


The pictures are a little dark. It was the only way I could get the lovely dry embossing to show up.


Scallop die cuts are by Sizzix (largest scallop) and Quickuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment