Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blast From The Past


I was leafing through my card stash and came across this old Valentine. I made it at least 5 years ago, but I still like it.

The card base has been covered with scrapbook paper.

The large heart is one that I made a template for. I took a piece of plain white card stock, folded it in half, drew the open heart, and cut it out. It took several attempts to get just the right look. Things do look different when unfolded.

Now take the paper that you want for the large open heart, fold it in half and draw around the template you just made. Cut it out and you are ready for the next step. By folding in half and cutting you get a perfectly symmetrical heart.

The phrase was computer generated. I had downloaded a font that had open spaces in the letters. A pink gel pen was used to fill in those open spaces. The are lots of free fonts on the internet. I did a google search for "free fonts" and came up with a multitude.

After cutting out the phrase with a straight edge, the edges were sponged in pink, the it was attached to another piece of white card stock and that layer was trimmed with a scallop decorative scissors. Again, sponge the edges with pink.

From the scrap that was cut from the inside of the heart I punched out three more hearts to finish off the design. Happy Valentines Day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment