Friday, February 25, 2011

Textured Flowers 1


A fun design inspired by a wish for spring!!
The background papers on the card bases
are from a stack that I bought a long time ago
and I have lost the cover, so I have no idea
who made the paper.

Sizzix made the die for the flowers.
After cutting them out I embossed them
with Cuttlebug's Dotted Swiss folder.
I happened to have a blue glitter card stock
that matched the blues in the scrapbook paper,
so punched out a nice glitzy center for the flowers.
The flowers are 3-D, using a double-sided
self-adhesive foam.

Note that on two of the cards there is a textured
portion on the left. This was done in
another Cuttlebug folder.

Now for those gorgeous leaves.
I used a light weight medium avocado
card stock. Cut 1 inch in strips, folded those in half and
ran them through my corrugator at an angle.
I used one of Punch Bunches leaf punches.
You will be using only half your punch.
Make sure the fold is in the CENTER of the
punch, now punch and unfold your lovely leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment