Friday, February 4, 2011

Heart Trio Valentine

These hearts with the ivory embossing powder on white card stock are just addictive.

Note the layering here. The card base is craft paper card stock, then cream and then the DCWV stripe from the La Creme stack. I use my Perfect Layers rulers to get consistently even border and layering edge cuts.

The three sizes of hearts were cut from the Spellbinders Nestibilities heart and scalloped heart dies.

I stamped the phrase first, then positioned the die over it, taped it down, cut and embossed. Again this is a Spellbinders die, the Fancy Labels One. I have no idea of where I got this stamp. I have had it for at least 15 years. I do know that I bought it unmounted and cut a wood mount for it myself.

I do wish Spellbinder would come out with some stamp phrases that would fit in their series of Fancy Label dies. It is a big pain to find one that fits. I have resorted to computer generated phrases which works well, except when you want to heat emboss with embossing powder.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, as usual. One question, was the paper you cut the hearts from already embossed, or did you cut the hearts, then emboss them or vice versa? Whatever - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice. I like that DCWV striped DP. For a stamp company with sentiments that fit the Spellbinders tags, check out Waltzingmouse Stamps. She has a whole set of stamps called Fancy Phrases.

    ReplyDelete