Wednesday, February 3, 2010

II Timothy 1:7

I have been gone for a while. I spent last week in Kearney NE attending workshops for my job in Agriculture Statistics. A friend commented this morning that she had noticed that I had not put anything on my blog in a while. So I'm back with one of the latest cards.
The papers are from the Citrus stack by DCWV. The scripture is a stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs, the butterfly and little flower are dies from Quickutz, embossed flower images are a Cuttlebug product and the label is from Spellbinders. I used Distressed Inks from Ranger to sponge the yellow and orange inks around the edge of the label.
I had thought that this label was going to be in the trash as I embossed the flower images backwards, meaning the flowers are indented rather then raised. Then I decided to try a little sponging to see if I could resuce it. I think I like it better than the raised embossing on some of the other cards done that were similar to this one. The embossed flower image on the plain orange paper is raised by the Cuttlebug embosing, sanded and the edge cut with a scalloped decorative scissors. You can do the sanding to expose the core of the paper if you use white core papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment