Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Wild Women


I belong to a stamping group called The Wild Women of the West Stampers. Also known as just the Wild Women. It tickles me when my husband asks where I am going and I get to say, "To play with The Wild Women".
The stampers meet every Tuesday. I manage to make about half the meetings. The theme for the past two meetings has been paper piecing and using our scrap papers. This is one of the cards I created yesterday with "The Wild Women". (it's even fun to type it!!!)
A hexagon punch from Creating Memories (thank you Rose) was used for the quilt pieces. I sponged each edge to give added depth and definition to the hexagons. The frame was cut from Sizzix die and embossed in a Cuttlebug folder, then dark brown ink was brayered over to accent the embossing.
Sometimes I want to have the focal point be a special technique, like this quilt card, that is when I want a very small phrase or none at all.
The scraps for the hexagons are from DCWV Old World Stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment