Friday, February 5, 2010

Thanks


This card is not my usualy style, but I certainly do like it. Let me begin with the stamps. I think the bare winter tree stamp is Inkadinkado. I was stamped with Soot Black Distressed Ink by Ranger that was rubbed over while the ink was still wet to create a soft misty appearance. The thanks stamp is from Morning Star Stamps. It was stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with #12 Stone Red powder. Both the powder and the ink a products from the Tsukineko line. I had stray powder below the thanks that I didn't notice until after I had "cooked" the embossing powder. For once I liked the look of my mistake. There is sponging around the hand cut edge of the thanks/tree images.
Spellbinders dies were used to cut the dark pink label and the leaves. The gold metallic leaf is a light weight foil candy wrapper. I glued it to some text weight paper. There is a texture to the foil that is very attractive.
Papers are from DCWV Indian Summer Fall Mat Stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment