I was showing my husband all the cards that I had made using the Safari papers from DCWV. He said I needed a more jungley look. Since his comments are usually pretty accurate I started playing with my fern and jungle foliage stamps on cream paper. Each type of leaf is done in a different color. I did a random stamping to cover the entire 4.25 x 5.5 inch paper. I then heavily sponged into the rectangle with Coffee Archival ink from Ranger. There is a narrow band of Ranger's Jet Black Archival ink sponged around the outer edge.
After all of the ink was applied and dried, the entire surface was heavily talced. I almost always do this before using embossing powder. Especially with a paper that has been handled as much as this one was.
The tiger image was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with fine line black embossing powder. I then carefully sponged Ranger's Marigold Distressed in over just the tiger image.
I have no idea who designed the tiger image. It was a sheet of various tiger images that I received from master stamper Eva Hays as a gift. I think the fern and leaf images are from Rubber Stamp Avenue.
When I am going to be doing a lot of inking and manipulation on a card, I don't work directly on the card front because this ink and handling tends or warp the paper. I have a stack of white and cream paper cut to card front size. When I am all done I use my Crafters Pick Ultimate glue to attach the design to the card front. It is immediately placed under the trusty college dictionary to become a very crisp smooth perfectly flat card after several hours. (also known as "booking it")