Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Precious Girl


This precious girl image is a stamp. The company was Second Star On the Right. I have had it for at least 10 years. I did a search for the company and could not find it.
There is a little trick to getting these highly detailed art stamps to stamp well. First you need to prime you stamp. Ink it up and stamp on scrap paper several times. I like to use a brayer to ink up these type of stamps. You will have to go over the stamp from several directions to get an even inking that has no lines in it. Glossy paper seems to work better than matte. If you ink pad is too juicy, the ink will pool on the stamp between the fine lines and dots and be a blob when you stamp it. This is why I like the brayer, I can't get too much ink on the rubber.

No comments:

Post a Comment