Saturday, July 18, 2009

Psallm 118:24


More scripture cards!!! After stamping several 12 x 12 sheets of scrapbook paper I had to do something with them. At the time that I stamped and embossed these I was sure that the paper would be easy to work into some great cards. These have laid around staring at me for several months. One day I just couldn't take it anymore and started playing.
The card on the left has a white card base. The texture is from one of the new Sizzix Texturz plates. (they had a LOT of texture plates now and they are slightly larger than an A2 card, love it, love it, love it) I used dark green and some olivey-type green card stock for the layering.
TIP: to get ink only on the raised portion or your textured paper, use a brayer with a very light touch. Don't try to get all the ink on in one go. Lightly go over and over the texture. This way your brayer won't dip down and color unraised parts of your paper.




The background on this card is a very formal mum stamp. I used Clearsnaps Olive Pastel Colorbox Chalk Ink and just stamped until the entire card front was covered.

The little ribbon on the right side was cut from dark green card stock with deckle scissors. Very simple and it adds the finishing touch.

I am not sure that I like the epoxy stickers, but they are on there now, so I guess they are ok.

The Psalm 118:24 stamp is by Stampabilities and the mum stamp is by Rubber Stampede.

No comments:

Post a Comment