Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fireman Card


Our daughter, who lives in Aurora CO has a very good friend who happens to be a fireman. I wanted to make some special cards for him.
Since I have this wonderful new Silhouette die cutting machine and have joined some Silhouette user groups on Yahoo Groups I actually had a fireman logo. Well, this was just too much. I HAD to make some fireman cards.
Here is the very first one. Very simple and basic. I used a Spellbinders die with red card stock to cut a label, it was then embossed, sponging it while still in the die and right after embossing. The very edges of the die cut are also sponged in black. Using a toothpick to apply the glue, the Silhouette fireman logo was then attached to the red cardstock. The red label was glued to a dark yellow cardstock, the corners rounded and black dye ink was sponged around the edges of this piece also.
Red rivets accent the label. It is a masculine card that I hope he will like and be pleased to send to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment