Thursday, April 23, 2009

Random Thoughts

I was listening to the radio and an interesting commentary. I learned that in Iowa Party A can now wed Party B. This seems to not specify species. So Party A is human and weds Party B, a sheep it is perfectly legal. This sheep has all the rights and benefits of a human. Now wait, Party A can legally insure Party B for millions and collect when Party B dies of old age at 5 - 10 years of age.

Oh my, the polygamist's are next to get legal standing. Why not? We have surrendered with moral high ground with barely a whimper. When sliding down a slippery slope it is almost impossible to regain that high ground without a lot of pain and litigation. We have allowed to be "fixed" what was not broken.

In the political realm, Silence Is Consent. I am no longer silent. There is no anger, not even much upset, but like a many who share my views, I am determined to exercise my right of free speech for as long as it remains legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment