Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ecclesiastes 3:1


A plain white card base is the start of this design.
I used acrylic flourish stamps by Basic Grey,
inked with a light brown.
The entire card front was stamped with the flourishes.
I wanted a very soft subtle background.
This is barely noticeable.

The scripture is a computer generated image.
It has been cut out with a Spellbinders Label die.
Next cut another Label in scrapbook paper.
On coordinating card stock,
I drew around the outer edge of that same Label
and cut it out. This resulted in a slightly larger label,
but not as large as the label that is one size larger.
I wanted a narrow border around the label
and this gave me exactly what I wanted.

The edges of the scripture label and the
scrapbook label have been sponged with
dark brown ink.

With a matching piece of scrapbook paper,
create a strip that will cover from the top
to the bottom of the card.
The width should be what looks best to you.

With a border punch and the coordinating
card stock, punch two border the
length of the scrapbook strip.
Attach the borders to either
side of the strip.

Now put your card together as shown in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment