Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Code of the West

The phrase is computer generated.
After that I had a blast trying different backgrounds.
The card above uses scrapbook paper
as the background.
The wood background is one that I printed up on my computer.
It really does fit well with the western theme.
B & J Art Stamp's barbwire image is
stamped in dark brown.
Sutter Enterprise's cowboy on a horse image
has been stamped with one of the
lighter brown Distressed Inks from Ranger.
A narrow border of faux snakeskin is
a great accent. Made by using the Fiskars
snakeskin embossing plate with tan or cream
card stock. Next steps depend on the desired
color of your snakeskin. I usually use a very
light brown ink, sponging heavily to get in the creases.
The dust the raised portion with a darker ink.
The final step is to apply a glossy top coat.
I happened to have a water based glossy varnish.
This leather look background is a scrapbook
paper from Karen Foster.

1 comment: