This was a complicated card so I will number the instructions to help you and me keep it straight
First step is the cowgirl image and the riders.
1. Stamp cowgirl image with Range Archival Black ink.
2. Color image with colored pencils.
3. Using a stump, gently rub baby oil over colored parts.
This will create a much smoother look to your coloring.
4. Center Spellbinders Square Nestabilities over the cowgirls image.
Tape it in place with a low tack painters tape. You may have to "desticky" the tape by sticking
it to your arm several times.
5. Cut and emboss, leaving the image in the die, carefully remove the tape and lightly sponge from the edges in
with a medium brown ink. When you remove the paper from the die you will have a white "frame".
6. Now cut out a brown card stock square from Spellbinders Lacy Squares.
7. Mount the cowgirls image on the brown lacy square.
8. Stamp the retreating riders image (from Sutter Enterprises) and cut out with a Spellbinders oval.
9. Color with colored pencils and finish off with a baby oiled stump.
10. Sponge edges of oval with dark brown ink.
11. Attach oval behind the lacy square cowgirl piece.
The card base or parchment card stock and making the hinges.
1. Cut a piece of leather look scrapbook paper (Karen Foster) 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches.
2. Sponged all four edges with dark brown ink.
3. Attach to far left side of card. (by the fold)
4. Lay ruler over leather, using a stylus, gently impress a line on the paper.
5. Fold back on the impressed line.
6. On the inside of the card glue the portion of the card that is under the leather to the back of the inside of the
card. When opened the card should fold open on the impressed line.
7. Sponge around remaining three sides of card front with dark brown ink.
1. I used a leather look gift wrap, since it is fairly light weight I attached the gift wrap to card stock.
2. Cut the hinges out using Sizzix die or any hinge die cut that you have on hand.
3. Fold hinges in half, this will make it easier to attach to and open card.
4. Place brads in all four holes of each hinge. You will have to cut off one of the little "arms" of the brads
as they will stick out past the edge of the hinge.
5. Glue hinges to card, matching the fold in the hinge to the fold on your card base.
1. Attach cowgirl layers to card front.
2. Stamp horse shoes towards bottom of card.