Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cari's Card

My daughter moved to Denver this past spring
to follow her dream.
She is now the charge nurse at the
University of Colorado Medical Center
Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic.
While I miss her terribly, I am
thrilled that she has been able to advance
in a profession that she has wanted since she was 5 years old.
I send Cari cards because I love her.
Her dedication to high nursing standards
inspires me to be all that I can be as an artist.
To not settle for just good enough,
but to strive continually for the absolute best.
This card was placed in the mail box this morning
and is on it's way to brighten Cari's day and remind her
that we love her and miss her.
The butterfly (Whispers, Sugarloaf Productions)
is embossed in fineline gold and painted
with Twinkling H2o's.
The fine floral flourish is stamped in black,
while the two bolder flourishes are stamped in
various Distressed Inks (Ranger).
I then swirled the orange, yellow and
mahogany Distressed Inks
around the edges, getting darker towards the outer portion.
The final touch was a "burn" of black sponged on the
the very very outer edge.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know that you are a Kreative Blogger (and you'll have to visit my blog to see what that means!)
    www.mrsl-dramateach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete