Sunday, December 21, 2008

Triple Texture Card Tutorial



Here is the end result of using two different Cuttlebug A2 folders and a Fiskars texture plate on one piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 paper.


Just a Note stamp (Stampendous)
oval die cuts (Spellbinders)
bow die cut (Bosscut)
Pink Pastel Fluid Chalk Ink (Clearsnap, Colorbox)


The pink ink is sponged around the outside edge of the card and the white oval.





STEP 1 -
Position your folders on either end of your piece of
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card stock.
When using the Paisley and Dotted Swiss A2 folders
be sure that the printing on the folder is readable (up).
I used the dots of the A2 folder to position the card stock evenly.
Depending on how wide you want your dividing "ribbon", place your second folder. You will have a blank space for a narrow "ribbon" even if the A2 folders are touching each other.





STEP 2 -

The step 2 picture will show you how to feed your A2 folders
into your Cuttlebug machine.

I am sure that you can do this with other die cut machines a well.

Now turn the crank and see the results emerge from the other side
of your machine.

This is so cool. I just love these A2 folders by
Cuttlebug.

They are so easy to use and the end product is impressive.




STEP 3 -
To dry emboss the lines between the two different A2 folder textures,
I used a Fiskars texture plate. It is simply lines as you can see from the picture.

Position the dots on one of the lines of the texture plate and using the top of your bone folder, press into the first line closest to the dots.

I ran my bone folder up and down it several times to get a deep clean impression.


I found that the pointed end of the folder cut the paper rather than embossing.



Here is another card made with the same technique. I chalked the flowers, using the chalk eraser to remove any unwanted chalk.
Then sprayed it with Krylons Workable Fixative to prevent the chalks from rubbing off. (please spray outside, this product requires good venilation)

The white oval and the pink scalloped oveal were cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities. I used Pink Pastel chalk ink to sponge the edge of the white oval and the outer edge of the card.

The Bosscut bow was glued onto the ovals before the ovals were attached to the card. I wanted to be sure that I could position them correctly on the card. You can't clearly see the fine details of this bow die cut, but I am so glad I have it. It is the perfect finishing touch for this card.

The final step was gluing the whole to a card base of white cardstock. Now Charlene knows what I was talking about. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Great card! Love your blog! Enjoy seeing projects from the "Nebraska gals"! Pop by my blog sometime, stampincarol.blogspot.com
    Take care and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly - Beautiful cards as always! I'm going to add you to my blogroll so I can stay in touch with your creations!

    ReplyDelete