Let's begin at the bottom layer.
A 4.25 x 5.5 inch piece of cream colored
card stock was stamped with a Tim Holtz image.
I used several shades of brown and one green ink
from Ranger's Distressed Ink. After stamping
it was misted heavily with water to cause
the inks to run and fade. This is why I did
not do my background on the card base.
When the background paper was attached to
the card base with Crafter's Pick Ultimate glue
it spent a few hours under my huge college dictionary
to flatten it nicely.
After the card base had become flat by the pressure
of the dictionary the next step was to
dust the front of the card with talc.
Now the Stampscapes pine tree image was
inked up with black pigment ink and
heat embossed with fine line black embossing powder.
The deer image is unknown. There was no maker
ID on the wood of the mount.
It was stamped with black pigment ink
on cream card stock and heat embossed
with Rust embossing powder.
After the deer image
was cut out the edges were distressed with a
Tim Holtz thread cutter. Dark brown ink
was sponged around all four edges of the
deer image and the card base.
This was followed by a narrower sponging
of black ink to give a burned look.
The scripture is one of my own creations.
It was cut out with a Spellbinders die.
The edges were sponged with dark brown ink
followed by a burning of black ink.