Friday, December 25, 2009

Faux Lace


A few weeks ago there was a video on USArt Quest on making faux lace. Double sided tape is laid down on the card stock. You can tell from the pictures of the cards that the rows of tape were fairly close together. I had to try several kinds of double sided tape before I found one that would "roll" when I rubbed over it.

I rubbed over the tape going both directions. Next was a mica powder that I dabbed on here and there with my finger. After that I put some metallic flakes on and rubbed off the excess with a stiff brush. To get rid of that finally little bit of tackiness a sparkly embossing powder was applied and heated.

The die cuts are from Spellbinders Label Series. The texture is from a Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder.

This is a fun new technique that is easy to do and impressive when finished.





1 comment: