Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Clean and Simple Designs

 The only difference in these cards is the stamped phrase.
I stamped a mosaic border stamp using Hunter Green Colorbox
pigment ink and a clear embossing powder.
The phrase was stamped with Colorbox chalk ink dark green.
This little border could be stamped, could be scrapbook paper,
could be an embossing folder, could be polished stone,
could be pearl ex and glue technique.
To me the secret here seems to be
that you use the same paper for the card base and for
the 5.25 x 4 inch rectangle that is under the border.
Also use the same accenting paper under the border and
under the rectangle. 
This paper has been cut to a narrow border 
using my perfect layers ruler.
Am I going to make some more of these type
of cards using my suggestions above, YUPPERS!
I think I need to use some more of my smaller phrases
to create birthday, thinking of you etc.
 
One trick I discovered in placement of the stamped
phrase was to stamp it before I attached the border.
I positioned the border, stamped and then attached the border,
otherwise I was getting the phrase too high on the card 
and it didn't look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment