Friday, January 11, 2013

Big Butterflies

 Both butterfly images are from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.
They have been stamped in a dark blue pigment ink
with a extra thick embossing crystals from 
Once Upon A Stamp as the embossing powder.

Since this was a chunky thick powder I heated from
the bottom.  That way the powder doesn't blow off.
You do have to be careful not to scorch the paper.
I believe the phrase is from Our Daily Bread.
It was stamped in the same dark blue pigment 
and a clear embossing powder was used.

The stamped image was cut to 4 x 5.25 inches,
mounted on navy card stock
which was trimmed to a narrow border using
layering rulers.

I border punch was used for the scalloped trim on the phrase.
I don't try to use one piece of paper for this type of work.
I punch out two trims, then attach one at a time 
to the phrase.  Much faster and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment