Monday, October 1, 2012

A speical card

This has to be one of my favorite phrases.
Now for the construction of this design.
The card base is a cream card stock.
The die cut over the top of it is a Cheery Lynn Designs
die that is a real challenge to cut.  But boy howdy 
are the results worth it.
My best method was to run it back and
forth through the die cut machine five or six times
and then take a piece of doubled card stock 
about 1/2 inch wide when folded.
I place it over the die just a short distance
from the edge, fun it through twice,
the move the folded shim over just
enough to cover the next section.
I do this until I have worked my way across the die.

The phrase has been cut with an oval and
layered over the next size oval.
Tiny flowers and leaves decorate the upper left edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment