Friday, May 13, 2011

Precious LIttle Girl


Begin with a white A2 card base.
Now take a Sizzix embossing folder
and cut the textured white card stock
to 4 x 5.25 inches.
Lightly sponge with a pale pink ink.
I wanted the embossing to show ever so slightly.
Attach it to a dark mauvey-pink
card stock and trim to a narrow border.
I use Perfect Layers rulers to get
exactly the same width with every cut.

The stamped image is from an old
company called Second Star On The Right.
I don't know if they are even in business anymore.
I purchased several sheets of unmounted
rubber from them about 10 years ago.
I used glossy paper and Rangers Archival
coffee ink to stamp this precious little girl image.

The oval within an oval frame was made using
two Spellbinders oval dies at the same time.
Position as the ovals are shown on the card.
Leave the dies attached to the paper after cutting
and emboss with the soft rubber embossing mat.
Sponge a soft pink ink on the outer and inner ovals.

Use one of Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3 die cuts
that has been cut in half to make the
flourish on the thick side of the oval frame.
I cut a small part off on each end to get
just the right look.
Sponge with the same pale pink ink.
Attach to the wide side of the frame.

I use the flat parts of paper egg cartons for my
3-d effect. This design has two layers
of egg carton to get a more dramatic look.

The pale green flourishes are from Bosskut.
The very pale pink flowers are from Punch Bunch.
As you know by now I really like Punch Bunch.
They have a very good product, their punches
always punch clean and seldom stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment