Monday, August 10, 2009

Just Because


What to do with those scraps? The paper crafter in me can not throw them away. I just can't.
The butterfly is a Quickutz die, with the base being polished stone. Polished Stone is alcohol inks on glossy paper or reinkers and alcohol.
Here are some links to some great tutorials for various way to get that Polished Stone look:
U Stamp 4 Fun - a very good video using reinkers
Stamping TV - exceptional video
Split Coast Stampers - a print version
My preferred method is to use the Ranger Adirondack alcohol inks - to see more of this product click here.
The applicator is nothing more than a block of wood with Velcro glued to one side. The handle is nice but not necessary. You don't have to have the "official" alcohol inks to do the polished stone technique. All you really need are reinkers and alcohol. This is how I started when I first did the Polished Stone Technique.
The flourish is a Boss Kuts die. I spray glittered after I cut it out. I think spraying the paper before cutting might be the way to go. I had to chase it down in my spray box after spraying and do again as the aerosol blew it all over. Had glittered fingers by the time I got done. Oh well, glitter is a form of fiber for crafters. (husbands usually don't think so, but I know this is so, just ask any crafter who uses glitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment