Friday, October 1, 2010

A "Big" Happy


This was an idea that I saw over a year ago at
a stamp convention at the Morning Star Stamps
booth. Both words are stamps from their line.

The large happy is stamped in the center of a
4.25 x 5.5 piece of card stock. Now you center
a Spellbinders label die over the "happy" and cut.
Select an appropriate embossing folder to add the desired
texture. In this case I have used the Cuttlebug
Happy Birthday folder.

The smaller birthday stamp has been cut with
an oval die cut. I sponged around the edges to
make is stand out a little more from the embossed
"happy" piece. I tried two different version and have
to say that I much prefer the top card.

The black and white polka dot background is
scrapbook paper attached to a white card base.

My husband got a "happy" card for our 40th anniversary.
Morning Star Stamps has a whole line
of tiny word stamps to put with your happy stamp.
I also have a thanks stamp that is the same
size and font and the happy shown here.

No comments:

Post a Comment