Monday, July 5, 2010

Stencil An Oval

The base of this card is a Glimmer Mist background that has been attached to the card base. My preferred method with this type of background is to make a huge batch of backgrounds, attach them to the card base and pull them for cards as needed. The Glimmer Mists are rather messy AND addictive. (you have been warned, LOL)

I used a Mega Oval by Spellbinders on a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of card stock to cut the stencil. This was taped to the card base and lightly sponged with a brown ink. A black Sharpie was used to further delineate the oval from the background.

To match the long narrow oval, I used a long flower stamp. I used a black ink for the stamping of the flower and the scalloped lace border.

The edges of the card base have been sponged with dark brown ink and then a narrow sponging of black was also applied. This softens the edges of the card and adds depth.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, GF! I don't know how you get everything done - but I'm glad you do! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete