Thursday, February 26, 2009

Variations on a Theme

My theme here is stamping over Glimmer Mist backgrounds.

When I am going to use embossing powders on a paper I usually use a dusting of talc to prevent strays of embossing powder adhereing where I don't want them. Even the oils from your fingers on the paper will cause the powder to stick in places you really don't want it.

The only time I don't talc is with dark backgrounds as the powder will lighten the paper somewhat.

On all three cards the images were stamped with VersaMark ink. Then either black or white fine line
embossing powder was applied and heated with a heat gun.

The edges of the black embossing powder cards have been sponged with black dye ink.

Personal Stamp Exchange, fondly known as PSX to long time stampers was the maker of the Courage phrase. I have no idea of who now owns this company as it has changed hands several time. It has been a long time since I have seen any of their classic images.


The floral flourishes are by Inkadinkado. This particular set is clear acrylic. I have found the quality to be excellent.
They stamp and clean up well. The "With Sympathy" stamp is made by Stamps Happen Inc.

The Glimmer Mists were applied to a seperate piece of paper that was the size of the card front. After the misted paper had dried I glued it to the card base with Crafters Pick Ultimate Glue and let the entire card base rest for the night under a heavy book. This gives my cards a nice crisp apperance that is very pleasing.
Working on the card front itself will often warp the card.
Many of the inking type techniques dampen your paper and cause warping.

1 comment:

  1. Really like the florish stamp - these are some gorgeous cards. They really make nice sympathy cards.

    ReplyDelete