Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Watercolor Pressed Flower Stamping

A very very simple card.
The corners of the card base have been rounded.
An EK Success border punch was used for the
flourish border.
Now we are going to get to the fun part.
I used water soluble oil pastels by Portfolio
to color directly on my stamps.
Then the stamps were lightly misted with water.
I would recommend some experimentation on
scrap paper before you stamp on your "good" paper.
Sometimes I stamped on scrap paper, re-misted and 
then stamped on my good paper.
These Hero Arts flower stamps have been stamped 
on an decorative edged oval post-it note,
the oval was then mounted on a plain white card stock oval.
The leaves and baby's breathe images were separate stamps. 
I used the flat portion of a paper egg carton
glued to the back of the layered flower image
to create a 3-d look.

1 comment: