Monday, February 13, 2012

Western Valentine

This is my husband's Valentine.
He does not appreciate the frilly detailed cards,
so this is what I came up with.
I had cut a label out from a piece of card stock
and used the left over piece as a stencil.
The two shades of brown and black inks
were sponged on to create the frame for
the horses.  The fine line black heat embossed
image is by Rubber Stamp Avenue.
It was cut out with a Spellbinders oval die
and faux burned with brown and black inks.

When attaching the horses oval to the card
I used flat pieces of  cut up paper egg carton
to create a 3-D effect.

The Valentine greeting is white fine line on
black card stock.  I cut it out as a rectangle
and rounded the edges with the 1/4 inch side
of the corner chomper.

Black "diamonds" on each corner of the  stenciled
portion and a small black glitter paper heart on
the front horses chest are the finishing touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment