Monday, April 4, 2011

Call to Me


The background paper is some old purchases
from the very first designs by Karen Foster.
I still love them, even if they are discontinued.

The phrase has been created by me in
Paint Shop Pro X and is from Jeremiah 33:3
in the Holy Bible, NASB version.
It was cut out with a Spellbinders Label,
attached to a lavender card stock
and a narrow border cut using
one of the Perfect Layers rulers.


I rounded the corners
on the embossing folder textured white square.
The lavender square was cut with a Big Scallops
square from Spellbinders.
The scripture layer was then attached to
these layers.

The lovely white scrolly thing under the scripture layers
is from a Martha Stewart EK Success punch.

The leaves are a Karen Foster green vellum.
The unknown leaf stamp was stamped
in Versa Mark and a moss colored
embossing powder was applied.
Then they were cut out by hand.

The flower is a punch from Punch Bunch.
After punching I placed the flower in the
palm of my hand and with a rounded ball type
tool (available from Punch Bunch) I gently rubbed
the center of each petal until they curved.
When the entire flower had been textured with
the tool it kind of curls up and around the tool
when you rub in the center of the flower.
Now I turned the flower over and
pressed the tool in the center of the flower.

The flowers were painted with silver Lumiere
and glitter was sprinkled on while they were
still wet.
My husband noticed the glitter on my face. LOL!
The two flowers were glued together with the petals
offset to create a more textured look.

The butterfly is from and old, old punch that
I got when I first started stamping.
That was almost 20 years ago.
I textured it with the tool by rubbing
the wings to get them to curve.
The butterfly was then painted with
grape Lumiere and sprinkled with
clear glitter while still wet.
A half pearl was place in the
center of the flower.

The leaves, flower and butterfly
were then place on the card.

2 comments:

  1. Love the lavendar and green together - very pretty:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Shelly. Love everything you have done. Also, the verse...awesome. Thanks....

    ReplyDelete