Spellbinder's Impressabilities embossing stencil was used for this background.
A few hints on using embossing folders and stencils: 1. slightly dampen the paper with a fine mist of water
2. let the paper dry completely before attaching to card base
3. for a textured shape (like a Spellbinder's Label) cut the shape first and them emboss
4. use white core papers and sand just the very top of the texture to expose the white
5. to accent the texture, brayer over the top with a slightly darker ink
6. ink the embossing folder or stencil and quickly emboss.